- Park’s Textbook Of Preventive and Social Medicine (27th edition)
- Dhingra’s ENT 8th edition
- Khurana’s Ophthalmology with Free Book
Park’s Textbook Of Preventive And Social Medicine (27th edition)
- Enlarged and completely updated edition – extensively revised, thoroughly edited and many new topics added.
- Major revision of the chapter on “Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases” with the inclusion of COVID-19, new treatment guidelines for tuberculosis (2019), new treatment guidelines for HIV/AIDS(2019, updated leprosy, malaria, dengue, hepatitis, etc.
- New chapter on Essential Medicine and counterfeit Medicines.
- New matter on Mental Health.
- New matter on Nutrition and health with 2020 RDA
- Completely revised chapter on Demography.
- The new and updated matter about Child and Maternal Mortality violence against youth, etc.
- Major revision of chapter of Noncommunicable diseases with new recommendations on Diabetes Mellitus, Accidents and Injuries Cancer, etc.
- New matter on Health and Wellness Centers and new health programs.
- New matter on immunization and cold chain etc.
- These are used for various courses and 3rd-year MBBS books Year.
Khurana’s Ophthalmology 9th Revised edition
CBME Curriculum – The eighth edition has been updated and is based on the competency-based Medical Education Curriculum (NMC).
Organization and layout of the book – The text is arranged in six sections. Various topics have been linked with appropriate competencies as per the CBME curriculum. The first 5 sections are devoted to Anatomy and Physiology of Eye, Optics and Refraction, Diseases of the Eye and Ocular Adnexa, Ocular Therapeutics, and Systemic and Community Ophthalmology. Section 6 is devoted to Practical Ophthalmology.
Chapter Layout – Each chapter begins with a CHAPTER OUTLINE highlighting the topics covered and SUBJECT COMPETENCIES as per CBME competencies, followed by relevant applied anatomy and physiology. To easily understand, retain and reproduce, text is organized into:
- Various levels of headings, subheadings, bold face and italics given in the text for a quick revision.
- Illustrations comprising clinical photographs and clear line diagrams.
- Operative steps of important surgical techniques in the relevant chapters.
- Tables and flow charts to highlight the important points.
Revised and updated text- Each chapter has been revised and updated with recent advances.
- Competency Codes have been added throughout the text.
- Core Competencies (CC) and Non-core Competencies (NC) have been highlighted.
- The community ophthalmology chapter has been aligned to National Policy on Blindness and Visual Impairment. It has been extensively updated in view of the changed objectives due to culmination of Vision 2020 at the global level and the extension of vision 2020: India with Strategic Plan April 2021 – March 2026, under the National Programme for Control of Blindness and Visual Impairment.
Practical Ophthalmology (Section VI) is the unique feature of this book. It provides exact insight and topics essential for practical examination such as Clinical Methods in Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Cases, Darkroom Procedures, and Ophthalmic Instruments. This section has been updated with following incorporations as per the new CBME curriculum:
- AECOM Modules (Attitude, Ethics, and Communication Skills)
- Case Studies
- DOAP (Demonstrate, Observe, Assess, and Perform)
- Skill Assessment
- OSPE (Objectively Structured Practical Examination)
- OSCE (Objectively Structured Clinical Examination)
Review of Ophthalmology – For self-assessment and preparation of postgraduate entrance examinations, a Review of ophthalmology has been given as an ONLINE RESOURCE arranged in three parts:
- Part A: Quick Text Review and Multiple-Choice Questions
- Part B: Clinical Skill Videos for common skills to be learned, and
- Part C: Surgical Videos for the important ocular surgeries
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of ocular disorders
- Fully revised the seventh edition, with new topics included
- Accompanying free book provides MCQs to assist with revision
ENT BY PL DHINGRA
The present edition is revised, updated, and expanded.
New clinical photographs, diagrams, tables, and flowcharts have been added to make the subject clear. A unique feature of this edition is whiteboard lectures and videos, depicting through animations, the surgical procedures.